TEAM VOLUNTEER OPPORTUNITIES
Each team will need many volunteers to step forward in various roles. Many roles could be filled by more than one person (job sharing!):
- Assistant Coach/Team Safety Coach: Regularly help at practice (conditioning, plays, drills, etc.). Registration and background screening, (CPR certification for Safety Coach), and Heads Up training are required to volunteer as a coach.
- Weighmaster: Weigh opposing team’s players 30 min. prior to each game. Usually, need two per team.
- Chain Gang: At away games, handle down markers and chains on the sidelines. Three people will be needed at each away game.
- Team Videographer: Video all team games; get recording to head coach.
- Team Parent: Make announcements each week (info is forwarded from the SYFA board); assist with Picture day for your team; collect money and purchase coaches’ gifts; coordinate an end-of-season team party.
Involved parents are vital to the success of all Southridge Youth Football teams. Your player’s coach will be very grateful for your help and support! If you are interested in volunteering, or would like more information, please contact your team's coaching staff.